So B. It….the MOVIE!!!!

I am beside myself with excitement to announce that Hollywood has discovered my book!  Things are still very much at the beginning stages – but there is a script and….it’s wonderful! Hooray!  The super talented writer Garry Williams has done a great job of capturing the spirit of the book, while transforming it into a terrific screenplay.  All the other details are still top secret, but as soon as I have anything to report, believe you me, I’ll be shouting it from the rooftops.  Keep your fingers crossed that Heidi and Mama and Bernie will be hitting the big screen soon.

197 Responses to “So B. It….the MOVIE!!!!”

1. Sarah Weeks says:

Thanks, Lily. I’m glad you enjoyed the book enough to want to recommend it. I don’t plan to write a sequel. but you might enjoy some of my other novels. You can take a look at them on the BOOKS page of this website. Happy reading! SW

2. Natalie says:

Hello again like I said it is possible for it to become a movie after all it could happen since anything IS possible with god

3. Sarah Weeks says:

I appreciate your confidence and I agree with you –anything can happen! SW

4. Arithena says:

Omg! I remember reading this in my 8th grade class. This was an amazing book!!!! I can’t wait for the movie!!!!!

5. Danielle says:

When will the movie come out? #Excited

6. Sarah Weeks says:

As soon as I know I will be shouting it from the rooftops! –SW

7. alison says:

ilove your books a you should make a movie abou it soon

8. Sarah Weeks says:

I’m doing my best to make it happen! SW

9. Vivian says:

I would love a movie!!! It would be awesome!! I already bought the book after I finished it!! ♥♥

10. Jamie says:

Wow! I’d want to audition for it! :) <3 the book!

11. Hà My says:

It is so cool :) i think “Mackenzie Foy” can be an amazing Heidi, do you think so author? I love this book so much

12. Sarah Weeks says:

The actress who will be playing Heidi is Rowan Blanchard. I think she’ll be terrific! SW

13. jordan says:

hi i love your book i cant wait to see the movie. i havent seen it yet bet i read the book on my free time. will there be a sequel to book because i bet it will be awesome.

14. Sarah Weeks says:

I’m not planning to write a sequel to So B.It. Too many other ideas I want to put down on paper. SW

15. Bill says:

Sarah,
    Hi! I was solicited by phone today to invest in your movie. It will be a private placement with money being raised by equity from individuals like myself (and not from a movie studio) so I am told.
    Is this true? I do not know these peolpe; but you SHOULD. So let me know. Thanks, and Good Luck.
    Bill

16. Sarah Weeks says:

Hi Bill. I know that they are actively raising money for the movie right now and I do hope you’ll consider investing in the project. Any and all questions should be sent to my agent, Jason Dravis at: Jason@monteiro-rose.com
    All best, Sarah Weeks

17. SavannaMoorse says:

I started reading his and it is awesome so far!

18. Sarah H. says:

Hello Ms Week. I read So B It 3 months ago and I love it! I’m wondering when the movie coming out? I’m so excited!

19. leah says:

every time i see jujy fruits i wanna cry, i love the book its the best book i ever read. i cant wait for the movie :D

20. mona says:

Wonderful, special book. My daughters favorite. She asked me to read it and I fell in love with it. My daughter has read it many times and will be ecstatic! I just hope that the movie will do the book justice. Thanks for writing such a beautiful story. Mona and Willow Ezra

21. Taytum says:

Hello Sarah, i read your book and i was wondering where you came up with all the names in your book, because i thought they were unique!! and what some strong details that i should add in on my book report? thank you for you time and your book was incredible!

22. Lexi says:

Hi Sarah! you recently came to my school (Columbia Grammar) and I just started reading your book. I looooove it!!!! I cant wait for the movie to come out!! Do you when it will come out? I cant wait!!!!!

23. Sarah Weeks says:

I’m not sure when the movie will be out, but in the meantime I’m glad you are enjoying the book. I had a great time visiting your school! SW

24. Sarah Weeks says:

I choose the names for my characters by trying out different names until I find one that feels like it fits. It’s not unlike trying to name a baby! SW

25. Sarah Weeks says:

Thank you for your lovely message. I love when I hear from Moms who have read the book too. Your daughter is a lucky girl to have a mother like you. SW

26. Sarah Weeks says:

That’s so sweet. Unfortunately, every time I see jugy fruits I wanna EAT them! I mean, like, the whole box.(except for the green ones. Like Mama, I don’t like that flavor) SW

27. Sarah Weeks says:

With any luck the movie will be out soon. I promise to keep you posted here on the BLOG. SW

28. Chayton Garverick says:

I ALMOST PEED when I read this. You inspire the 13 year old boy I am, with the whole trip Heidi-ho took. It shows you need to be persistent, no matter who tells you no. I can’t wait. I will treat this movie like the book: Watch it over and over again <3

29. Abbie Sullivan says:

Hey again! I commented long ago but I was just REALLY curious…. When the do make a movie, can I maybe audition for the part of Heidi? I’m pretty much a walking description of her; brown curly hair, tall for my age, ect. I f you could answer back asap I’d love that almost as much as I love your books. It’d make my world. LONG LIVE SARAH WEEKS!!!

30. Zoe says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! It would be awesome if it came out for Christmas this year!! This is my FAVORITE BOOK EVER I’VE READ IT LIKE 10 TIMES!!!!! LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!! I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Lexie says:

When is the movie coming out?

32. Sara says:

I just finished reading your book “So B It.” and went sraight online to see if you have any other books you would suggest of yours for me to read that I would enjoy? I love books that keep the reader on the edge of their chair! Thanks!Also any new information about the movie for SO B. It?

33. Sarah Weeks says:

Hi Sara – thanks for your message. I’m so glad you enjoyed reading So B. It. The movie is still in the works, but they haven’t told me when to expect it out. Apparently these things sometimes take a VERY long time to happen. SW

34. Sarah Weeks says:

I wish I knew the answer to that question! I’m trying to be patient, but it’s hard! SW

35. Sarah Weeks says:

Thanks for all those exclamation points, Zoe!!!!!!!! SW

36. Sarah Weeks says:

Thanks Abbie!! YOu sound like you would make a very cute Heidi. Unfortunately, I’m not going to be involved in casting the movie. My job is going to be to sit there trying not to scream with joy when they finally start shooting it! SW

37. Jennifer Hale says:

I teach 7th grade, and my students just finished So B. It. Of course, they keep asking about a movie. Any updates? We had so much fun reading your book – I even had a jar of jelly beans for them to guess and win!

38. Sarah Weeks says:

I wish I had some good news about the movie, but at the moment we’re regrouping. There is a script, but the director and cast are being revisited right now, so we’re in waiting mode. As soon as I have news I will post it. I promise! SW

39. Anahi says:

Good Morning or Good Afternoon okay… When ever you get this.

Oh my gosh okay. Miss Sarah, you inspired me to read books that will make me cry and think about what I’d do if I was in there shoes. The words that you write and how you express it made me sob and think of my mom every day. I would tell her I love her no matter even if she had or hadn’t been Mental Problems. But the day I first told her she was dumbstruck and started to wonder why I was hugging her so tightly and telling her I love her with a sobbing face. Miss Sarah you changed the way I look at life you Inspired me but now the book has ended now to my boring ways.

P.S This is the part were you can think about making a So B. It book 2 just saying well okay then bye Miss. Sarah Week. This book has taught me to enjoy my mom even though she can be demanding I still love not less but even more.

40. Olivia says:

Sarah–
    I would just like to take a second to applaud you. I have written comments to many authors on many websites, and you are one of two who have actually responded! Well done. I think that it says a lot about an author if they take time out of there busy lives, to interact with fans. Wonderful job on the book and I can’t wait to see the movie!

–Olivia

41. Sarah Weeks says:

Gee, thanks! I love hearing from my readers. – SW

42. Sarah Weeks says:

Oh yes, please enjoy your mom. Moms are…..GREAT! SW

43. Abbie G. says:

Any update on the movie?

44. Sarah Weeks says:

THings are still moving ahead with the movie. I hope to have some very exciting news to post about it soon!

45. Emily H. says:

Hey Sarah! I was just wondering, I love your book so much btw, if you were still looking for an actress to play Heidi? I act out her part all the time and I know it might be too much to ask for but I would love to send a video of me acting it for you or something so you could see. Thanks!

46. Sarah Weeks says:

Hi Emily- it’s very sweet of you to express interest in playing the role of Heidi. Unfortunately, the casting decisions are not up to me. The people making the movie have hired a casting director who is deciding who will play who in the movie. As soon as I hear anything definite, I will be sure to post it here. – SW

47. Emily H says:

It’s okay! Thanks!!(: I will definitely watch the movie though when it comes out!!!