Mrs. Deets’ 5th grade class has a pie party!

After reading PIE aloud in class, Mrs. Deets’ 5th graders from North Wales Elementary School in North Wales, Pennsylvania decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a pie party.  How cool is that?  Using recipes from the book they made seven pies –lemon chess, cherry, peanut butter raspberry, apple, key lime, and two chocolate cream pies. The chocolate cream and peanut butter raspberry were the class favorites.

If anyone else out there feels inspired to try a little pie baking, make sure to send me photographs and you can join Mrs. Deets’ bakers here on the pie wall of fame.

MEET THE BAKERS!

20 Responses to “Mrs. Deets’ 5th grade class has a pie party!”

1. Marissa says:

Hi!
    I’m one of the bakers from Mrs. Deets’ class.

Thank you so much for having us on your blog, we really appreciate it. Your card and book mark are hanging in our classroom.
    Last week I finished Simple as it Seems. It was so good and now my sister wants to read it. I’m really excited to read So B. It, it sounds so good!
    Thank you again for your generosity.

Marissa :)

2. Mary McAlary says:

That’s my class. And I am the girl in the purple shirt in the last picture. We loved your book and we loved the pies.

3. Sarah Weeks says:

Hooray! I was hoping I would hear from some of you great pie bakers. I’m glad you loved reading PIE and I hope you will read some of my other books too. Happy reading! W

4. Sarah Weeks says:

Hi Marissa! Nice to meet you. I was so happy when Mrs. Deets sent me the photos of your class. I’m also happy that you’ve been reading my books. I hope you’ll write to me here again after you finish So B. It. I can’t wait to hear what you thought of it. SW ps hey, did you notice the name of the street where Verbena lives. Its…..Dietz Road! Dietz/Deets!!!! Spelled differently but sounds just the same!

5. Ryan Beahan says:

Hi! I am in Mrs. Deets’s class I am the boy in the “Penn State” hoodie. We loved your book “Pie” I hope you write more books like it.

6. Sarah Weeks says:

Hi – I’m so glad that you liked PIE. I’m working on a new book now, and although I don’t think it will be exactly like PIE, I hope it will be a book that kids like you will want to read. SW

7. Haley Muth says:

Hi! I’m one of Mrs. Deets’ students that was jumping up and down begging her to read more of PIE. We loved our party and reading the book!

8. Hi! I’m not one of Mrs. Deet’s students but almost of all of my friends are in her class. It was sooo nice of you to wright them a note and an autographed bookmark too! Haley (the girl in the red) always told me about the book & it sounds AWESOME!!

9. Sarah Weeks says:

Hi Mary Grace- nice to hear form you. I hope you will take your friend Haley’s advice and read PIE for yourself! SW

10. Sarah Weeks says:

Glad to hear it, Haley! SW

11. Cooper Parks says:

2-28-12
    Sarah Weeks,

Hi! I’m the girl who asked if you put something in your books from every school you vist from Episcopal Collegiate. I have something really good for a book. Before we went to your presentation, while we were having lunch, my friends Catherine, Caroline, Laurie Kate, Mary Claire, Alex, a few others and I were sitting together. I didn’t notice it, but I was staring at Catherine. She noticed a lot of us were staring at her, plus a boy a table away (none of us meant to except the boy). Suddenly, Cathrine exclaimed; “Ya’ll are staring at me! ALL OF YOU HAVE STAREATCATHRINEITIS!” Then she explained the boy brought it to school. He gave it to Laurie Kate and so on. Alex and Mary Claire started staring at Catherine on purpose at this point. Then some girls staring at me. I was like; “OMG! Ya’ll also have StareatCoopernitus to!” I was cracking up at this point. We thought this moment would be PERFECT for one of your books! We hope you consider it. Bye!

Your fan,
    Cooper Parks

12. cecilia says:

Dear Sarah,
    thank you for coming you for coming to dibble elementary school. I have some questions for you how did you come up with as simple as it seems for the tittle for the book or the novel.

13. Sarah Weeks says:

Hi- I hope you enjoyed my visit to your school–I certainly did! I especially enjoyed seeing all the artwork on the walls based on Catfish Kate. That was SOOOOOO cool. To tell you the truth, I don’t remember the moment I came up with the title for SIMPLE, but it happened pretty early on in the process, and it was the only title the book ever had. SW

14. Sarah Weeks says:

Hahaha. I really enjoyed hearing about the STAREATCATHERINEITIS attacks at ECS. I agree, it would be a cool idea to use in a book. I’ll file that away and who knows, it may show up some day in print! Thanks, SW

15. Sadie Bryant says:

Hi I’m Sadie!!! The really tall girl in the back. I loved your book SOOO much that I actually fell off ny chair! I’ve never read such a good book!

16. Sarah Weeks says:

That’s very flattering! I don’t know if I’ve ever knocked someone out of their chair before! SW

17. I just got “As Simple as It Seems,” at my school’s book fair! I can’t wait to read it!!!

18. Marissa says:

Hi! its Marissa again i just finished reading So B. It! It was so good! I really wish i could have Heidi’s luck. I heard that So B. It was being made to a movie,if it is ( i really hope it is) i will watch it everyday!

Your BIGGEST Fan,
    Marissa :) :)

19. Sarah Weeks says:

Hello again! So glad that you enjoyed So B. It. The movie plans are moving VERY slowly at the moment. I just hope it happens! SW